HOT TOPICS:  Message Board  |  Mobile App  |  iPad App  |  Renew Season Tickets

Inside The Bills

Mr. Wilson on labor & Bills

Posted by Chris Brown on February 17, 2011 – 12:40 pm

Bills Hall of Fame owner Ralph Wilson had an interview with Fanhouse.com in which he discussed the pursuit of a new CBA between the players and owners and the future of his team including their top pick at third overall.

Mr. Wilson believes a new accord will be reached, but feels it will “take a lot of work.” He also outlined why he was one of two owners against the 2006 CBA extension, which the rest of the NFL ownership chose to opt out of two years later.

“They passed out a sheet that contained financial information,” Wilson told Fanhouse of┬áthe owners meeting in March 2006. “It was not what I thought we were supposed to get. I thought there would be more discussion. I voted against it because I didn’t understand the financial figures put out. And what I did understand, I didn’t like.”

Wilson maintains that all he wants is a “fair agreement” for everyone involved.

As for his team Wilson points only to himself for the club’s shortcomings on the field over the past decade.

“I’ve made a lot of mistakes with my team in the last 10 years,” Wilson told Fanhouse. “I think I’m rectifying that. We’ll see. We almost won some games last year against teams that were certainly more talented than us. Buddy, the scouts, the coaches, they are working. I know it’s not going to be an instant turnaround. I think it will take two or three years to have a playoff team — and that’s if we get a quarterback.”

That prompted the question on whether the Bills would take Cam Newton third overall.


Tags:
Posted in Inside the Bills