Despite reports to the contrary last week, Bills CEO Russ Brandon in his weekly appearance on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550 explained that there will not be a scenario in a new Toronto deal that will have more than one regular season game a year played at the Rogers Centre.
“We’re continuing those negotiations and we’re close to an agreement,” said Brandon. ”But the one thing that I will say is the report in the Buffalo News was not accurate. The one thing I want to make clear is we will not be playing multiple regular season games in Toronto.”
Brandon explained how despite fan opposition to the initial Toronto agreement that the club has seen positive results from it.
“You look at the past five years and the what the Toronto initiative has done and we talked about bringing our fans from Southern Ontario back to Ralph Wilson Stadium,” said Brandon. ”That’s been the biggest positive. Five years ago roughly 11 percent of our fans came from Southern Ontario. Now literally 20 percent of our fans are from that location each and every Sunday. So it has worked and it’s about keeping the team viable in Western New York and it’s a huge part of it.”
Tags: Bills Radio Network, Bills Toronto Series, Russ Brandon
Posted in Inside the Bills