The NFL and USAA will team together for a second straight year to honor veterans and active-duty military members and their families throughout the 2012 season. The activities will be highlighted by a week-and-a-half period during Weeks 10 and 11 of the season dubbed, “Salute to Service.”
6:50 pm: Stadium gates open, time to start entering the Ralph
7:20 pm: Last chance for “Easy Entry” time at gate entry
7:25 pm: Player warm-ups begin, scoreboard entertainment continues
8:10 pm: Salute to Service Ceremony
8:15 pm: Buffalo Jills Cheerleader Performance
8:20 pm: Kickoff
Salute to Service Game Day Activities
- USAA Fan Card Stunt: Fans will be part of in-stadium card stunt thanking all current and former military and their families for their service. Fans can visit USAA’s Facebook page immediately following the game to download and share the card stunt photos. In order to participate, please arrive at the gates on-time for a 7:30 pm arrival. Here’s a preview of the card stunt:
- Full-Field Flag: Unfurled during the National Anthem by soldiers from the New York National Guard.
- USAA “Military Challenge Coin” Coin Toss: Use of military challenge coins has long been a source of pride for military personnel to identify themselves as a member of a particular unit. Paying homage to that revered tradition, USAA and the NFL designed a special “challenge” coin for the official coin tosses in 16 NFL games including Thursday’s Bills vs. Dolphins game.
- On-Field Ceremony: 50 current military members and veterans to be part of an on-field ceremony honoring the military. Members of the US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Air Force, and US Coast Guard will be recognized.
- National Guard Halftime Ceremony: LIVE halftime New York National Guard oath reaffirmation ceremony.
- NFL Donation: $100 will be donated to each of the following organizations for every point scored in game: USO, Wounded Warriors Project and the Pat Tillman Foundation
- Camo-Themed Elements: The NFL and the Buffalo Bills will use its digi-camo ribbon logo, camouflage-themed endzones, goalpost wraps, player gloves, captain patches and Salute to Service logos on gameday balls and endzone pylons.
- Helmet Decals: Teams will wear helmet decals honoring military branches with their insignia, and the stories of connection between clubs and local units will be highlighted throughout the Salute to Service campaign in broadcast and online.
USAA’s Salute to Service Campaign Initiatives
- Million Fan Salute: NFL fans are invited to visit http://www.millionfansalute.com to create a digital salute in honor of the U.S. military and on behalf of their favorite NFL team through Nov. 26, 2012. The three markets with the most salutes will earn rewards from USAA for their local military community.
Posted in Corporate, Inside the Bills, Off the Field