Bills all-time leading receiver Andre Reed is again a finalist for a Pro Football Hall of Fame induction class, and again he’s got familiar company at the wide receiver position among the group of 15 finalists.
Along with Reed, Tim Brown and Cris Carter are also finalists. In 2012 Reed advanced past the first cut with Cris Carter as both made it to the final 10. Tim Brown was eliminated. But in the reduction from 10 to 5 both Reed and Carter were eliminated. So neither made it to the final round where it’s yes or no for induction with candidates needing 80 percent of the vote for enshrinement.
Here’s the list of 15 finalists this year for the 2013 Hall of Fame induction class, which
- Larry Allen – Guard/Tackle – 1994-2005 Dallas Cowboys; 2006-07 San Francisco 49ers
- Jerome Bettis – Running Back – 1993-95 Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams; 1996-2005 Pittsburgh Steelers
- Tim Brown – Wide Receiver/Kick Returner/Punt Returner – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders; 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles; 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings; 2002 Miami Dolphins
- Curley Culp* – 1968-1974 Kansas City Chiefs; 1974-1980 Houston Oilers; 1980-81 Detroit Lions
- Edward DeBartolo, Jr. – Owner – 1977-2000 San Francisco 49ers
- Kevin Greene – Linebacker/Defensive End – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams; 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers; 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers; 1997 San Francisco 49ers
- Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers; 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
- Art Modell – Owner – 1961-1995 Cleveland Browns; 1996-2011 Baltimore Ravens
- Jonathan Ogden – Tackle – 1996-2007 Baltimore Ravens
- Bill Parcells – Coach – 1983-1990 New York Giants; 1993-96 New England Patriots; 1997-99 New York Jets; 2003-06 Dallas Cowboys
- Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills; 2000 Washington Redskins
- Dave Robinson* – 1963-1972 Green Bay Packers; 1973-74 Washington Redskins
- Warren Sapp – Defensive Tackle – 1995-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 2004-07 Oakland Raiders
- Will Shields – Guard – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs
- Michael Strahan – Defensive End – 1993-2007 New York Giants
- Aeneas Williams – Cornerback/Safety – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals; 2001-04 St. Louis Rams
The Selection Committee will meet in New Orleans on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, to elect the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2013. The election results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. ET during a one-hour NFL Network special, live from the Super Bowl Media Center.
At the 2013 selection meeting, the selectors will thoroughly discuss the careers of each finalist. Although there is no set number for any class of enshrinees, the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s current ground rules stipulate that between four and seven new members will be selected each year. No more than five modern-era nominees can be elected in a given year and a class of six or seven can only be achieved if one or both senior nominees are elected.
Tags: Andre Reed, Pro Football Hall of Fame
Posted in Inside the Bills