– The Buffalo Bills announced yesterday that the team has signed LB Ty Powell to the 53-man roster. In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. The team also announced that CB Brandon Smith has been promoted to the 53-man roster from the practice squad. Powell joins Buffalo from the New York Giants Practice Squad. Buffalo has released LB Marcus Dowtin and CB Johnny Adams.
– The Buffalo Bills also announced yesterday that the team has claimed and was awarded OL Antoine McClain to the 53-man roster off of waivers from the Oakland Raiders. McClain entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 2012 and spent his rookie year on the team’s Practice Squad. He joined the Raiders on September 1st after being released by Baltimore prior to the regular season. The 6-5, 336-pound Clemson product started 41-of-54 games in his Tigers’ career. He started every game from the beginning of the 2009 season through 2011, the only member of the Clemson squad to do so. The Bills also announced that the team has released OL Sam Young.
– The Buffalo Bills and M&T Bank have kicked off their fifth annual “Touchdown for Teachers” program, which honors local teachers for their outstanding service to their schools and communities. During the November 17, 2013 Buffalo Bills home game vs. the New York Jets, five selected finalists will receive:
- Two (2) tickets to the Bills home game on November 17th
- Pre-game field access to watch warm-ups
- In-game recognition on the video board
- An official Buffalo Bills game ball
The Touchdown for Teachers grand prize winner will be announced at the November 17 game and will receive an in-class visit from a Buffalo Bills player and a $1,000 grant to the winning teacher’s school.
8:00 am – Russ Brandon on the Howard Simon Show (WGR 550)
2:30 pm – Eric Wood on the Jay Mohr Show (Fox Sports Radio)
2:40 pm – Eric Wood on ESPN Radio Cincinnati
THIS DAY IN BILLS HISTORY
October 9, 2005 — THURMAN THOMAS GOES ON WALL
RB Thurman Thomas became the 22nd member of the Bills Wall of Fame at halftime of the Bills’ 20-14 victory over the Dolphins.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
RUSS BRANDON, Buffalo Bills President and CEO
Q: The more I watch of this team, the more impressed I am by Manny Lawson. Whose idea was it to bring in Manny Lawson?
A: It goes back to what we talked about earlier with our personnel department, in conjunction with our coaching staff. Manny is a true professional, does a lot of different things for us. Has stepped in and really performed very well. There are a lot of things that you could see he was doing in his previous stints that would fit in nicely with Coach Pettine’s defense. He has been a great addition to our organization and he’s a spectacular guy off the field and a great leader.
Buffalo News- ‘Legend of Kiko’ continues to grow for Bills
Cincinnati Enquirer- Bengals-Bills: First look
BuffaloBills.com- What to watch for: Bengals at Bills
BuffaloBills.com- Marquise Goodwin playing catch up
BuffaloBills.com- Bills add LB Powell and CB Smith to 53-man roster
BuffaloBills.com- Bills add QB Dennis Dixon to practice squad
Inside The Bills
Moorman in sync with Crossman’s approach, Boomer Esiason joins Bills-Bengals broadcast, Prepping from the practice squad, How Lewis intends to lead, Bengals seeking tape on QB Lewis, 8 man fronts expected by Bills offense, Lewis’ measure of comfort with read option, Nike Elite 51 Pro Bowl Uniforms Unveiled, CB Brooks has workout today
Buffalo News (Press Coverage Blog)
How the locals fared: Week Five
Bills make a pair of changes to active roster; sign QB Dennis Dixon to practice squad
Bills have attempted second-fewest kickoff returns in NFL
Bengals’ beat down of Tom Brady got Doug Marrone’s attention
National Football Post
Bills sign Dennis Dixon to practice squad, Powell, Smith to active roster
All Sports WNY
Buffalo Bills Sign LB Powell and CB Smith to 53-man Roster
The Sports Xchange
Bills sign QB Dixon to practice squad
Posted in Bills Daily Charge, Inside the Bills