– The Buffalo Bills announced yesterday that the team has signed DT Stefan Charles to the 53-man roster. In accordance with team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Charles joins Buffalo from the Tennessee Titans Practice Squad where he has spent the first eight weeks of the 2013 season. A 6-5, 323-pound defensive tackle, Charles entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Titans following the 2013 NFL Draft. A native of Toronto, Ontario, Charles played in 20 games at the University of Regina and totaled 74 tackles with 9.5 sacks. He will wear No. 96.
– The Bills announced this week an important change to the egress process for traffic leaving Ralph Wilson Stadium following home games. Beginning with the Bills game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs this coming Sunday, November 3, 2013, a portion of Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will be closed to westbound traffic during postgame only. At the start of the fourth quarter, approximately 3:30 p.m., Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will be closed to westbound traffic and will remain closed for approximately two hours or until traffic clears. For a game estimated to end at approximately 4:00 p.m., it is anticipated that the road will remain closed to westbound traffic from 3:30 p.m. until about 5:30 p.m. or until traffic clears.
THINGS TO KNOW FOR SUNDAY…
– Bills Great Daryle Lamonica will be the Leader of the Charge.
– Fans are encouraged to dress in their Buffalo Whites as we turn the stadium into a white out. The first 50,000 fans will receive white pom poms to cheer on the team and the nationally renowned Penn State Band will perform in pre-game and half-time.
– Fans are also welcomed to bring new, warm winter clothing donations for the Salvation Army Gift of Warmth sponsored by M&T Bank, which will be accepting contributions throughout the day.
– Punt, Pass & Kick winners from sectional competitions will come to Ralph Wilson Stadium to compete in the PP&K Team Championships, demonstrate their skills in a pregame exhibition and form Stampede Row as Bills players take the field.
PHOTO OF THE DAY
Fans are encouraged to wear white to the Sunday’s game versus the Chiefs to match the players’ road white uniforms and form a ‘white out’ in Ralph Wilson Stadium. The first 50,000 fans through the gates will get a white pom pom. The nationally renowned Penn State Marching Band will be performing pregame and at halftime.
QUOTES OF THE DAY
DOUG MARRONE, Buffalo Bills Head Coach
Q: What do you think about facing a defense like this when you have a lot of injuries?
A: I think it’s a great challenge. I do, I really do. I think it’s a thing where we’ve got to put our players in good position. The things that we feel that we can do well during the game, we have to do well. You’re not going to be able to go to a lot of different things. You’re going to have to have one heck of a game plan and you’re going to have to execute really well. You’re going to have to do that even with those other guys there. I think it puts more of a burden on all of us. Usually you don’t like to say, and I’ve said it before, ‘Don’t worry about Thad Lewis, worry about yourself on the field.’ I really believe that. At this point in time right now, it’s too early for me to say that. Right now I’m feeling the onus on us and making sure we’re putting them in the best position we can. That’s’ not a coaching line, that’s how I feel today.
Buffalo News- Injury to Lewis has Bills scrambling with Tuel, Flynn at QB
Rochester D&C- Bills face tough choice for QB
BuffaloBills.com- C.J. Spiller status for Sunday a wait and see
BuffaloBills.com- QB decision could come down to Flynn or Tuel
BuffaloBills.com- Bills sign DT Stefan Charles
BuffaloBills.com- Bills launch analytics department with hire of Lyons
BuffaloBills.com- Doug Marrone: Bills QB situation ”challenging”
BuffaloBills.com- Jeff Tuel: ”I’ll be ready if my number is called”
BuffaloBills.com- Matt Flynn: ”I feel very confident”
Players celebrate Halloween
Better Half of the Bills: Kaela Carpenter
Buffalo Bills Haunted Museum Ghost Hunt
Bills Roundup: Quarterback Carousel Spins
Bills Focus: Robert Woods Wired for Sound
Doug Marrone Wednesday Press Conference
Stevie Johnson on His Health, Playing on Sunday
Matt Flynn on Getting Reps With the Starters
Jeff Tuel on Possibility of Starting vs. Chiefs
The John Murphy Show October 30
Russ Brandon on Bills Use of Analytics
Who will start as Bills QB? ”It could be anybody”
Spiller practices, Bills unsure if he’ll play
Manuel does on-field work for Bills, will not play Sunday
Bills CEO assesses first half of season
10/30 Russ Brandon on Howard Simon Show
10/30 Schopp and The Bulldog HR 2 with Russ Brandon
Inside The Bills
Goodwin good to go, Chiefs RB Charles misses practice, Flynn focused only on his preparation, Stevie planning to play Sunday, Bills injury report, Goodwin, C.J., Lawson all working, EJ Manuel participating at practice, More QB shuffling, Lewis not working
Buffalo News (Press Coverage Blog)
Eric Wood, Bills O-line have history with KC star Tamba Hali
Jairus Byrd at the trade deadline: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Matt Flynn: ‘I’d be lying’ to pretend vindication not a factor
What in the world is going on with the Bills’ QB situation?
Marquise Goodwin: ‘I’m ready to go’ despite elbow injury
Matt Flynn, Jeff Tuel might be battling for Bills QB job this week
Jeff Tuel taking first-team snaps in preparation for 8-0 KC
Bills sign DT Stefan Charles off Titans practice squad
Ex-Xerox analyst Michael Lyons named Bills director of analytics
Rochester D&C (Bills Eye Blog)
More Quarterback Roulette
ESPN.com Bills Blog
QB Watch: Bills’ Thad Lewis
Bills sign Canadian DT Stefan Charles
NFL Nation Buzz: Buffalo Bills
Bills QB Lewis misses practice, 50-50 to play
Bills’ Jackson, Johnson sit out practice
Byrd moves on as trade deadline passes
Bills vs. Chiefs 2013: Thad Lewis expected to start, per report
Bills vs. Chiefs 2013: Bills QB situation in flux again
Buffalo Bills sign Stefan Charles, rookie defensive tackle
Buffalo Bills hire Mike Lyons as analytics department head
Bills vs. Chiefs: Buffalo’s protection problems largely vs. blitz
Buffalo Sports Daily
Bills Sign Charles; Add Analytics Director
AFC East Daily
Bills hire architect of new analytics department
Posted in Bills Daily Charge, Inside the Bills