– The Buffalo Bills and New Era have teamed up to support the Kids Escaping Drugs Campaign. On Tuesday, November 5th at 6:30 PM Buffalo Bills DT Marcell Dareus, RB Fred Jackson, WR Stevie Johnson, RB C.J. Spiller, and S Aaron Williams will sign autographs at the New Era Flagship Store to benefit the Kids Escaping Drugs Campaign. With a $25 donation, fans will receive a Limited Edition Bills poster and an autograph from each player. Players will autograph one item per person. The Kids Escaping Drugs Campaign was created with the purpose of raising funds for the construction and support of adolescent drug & alcohol treatment facilities. The Kids Escaping Drugs Renaissance Campus is located in West Seneca, NY and consists of three buildings that house up to 62 chemically-dependent youths ages 12 to 20. For more information on Kids Escaping Drugs visit www.makeachangewny.org.
– The Bills announced this week an important change to the egress process for traffic leaving Ralph Wilson Stadium following home games. Beginning with the Bills game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs this coming Sunday, November 3, 2013, a portion of Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will be closed to westbound traffic during postgame only. At the start of the fourth quarter, approximately 3:30 p.m., Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will be closed to westbound traffic and will remain closed for approximately two hours or until traffic clears. For a game estimated to end at approximately 4:00 p.m., it is anticipated that the road will remain closed to westbound traffic from 3:30 p.m. until about 5:30 p.m. or until traffic clears.
THINGS TO KNOW FOR SUNDAY…
– Bills Great Daryle Lamonica will be the Leader of the Charge.
– Fans are encouraged to dress in their Buffalo Whites as we turn the stadium into a white out. The first 50,000 fans will receive white pom poms to cheer on the team and the nationally renowned Penn State Band will perform in pre-game and half-time.
– Fans are also welcomed to bring new, warm winter clothing donations for the Salvation Army Gift of Warmth sponsored by M&T Bank, which will be accepting contributions throughout the day.
– Punt, Pass & Kick winners from sectional competitions will come to Ralph Wilson Stadium to compete in the PP&K Team Championships, demonstrate their skills in a pregame exhibition and form Stampede Row as Bills players take the field.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR SUNDAY
With a win over Kansas City, the Bills will have defeated the Chiefs for the fifth straight time at Ralph Wilson Stadium – matching Buffalo’s longest active home game winning streak against an opponent of five (Green Bay)
QB Thad Lewis
144 passing yards to reach 1,000 in his NFL career
RB C.J. Spiller
One 100-yard rushing game for his eighth such game and to break a tie for sole possession of eighth-most in team history (Antowain Smith, 7)
RB Fred Jackson
One rushing touchdown to move into a tie with Antowain Smith for sixth-most in team history (26)
WR Stevie Johnson
Nine catches to move into ninth in team history (Peerless Price – 288)
DT Kyle Williams
2.5 sacks to notch 25.0 in his NFL career
DE Mario Williams
Will extend his consecutive games with a sack to six with a quarterback takedown on Sunday
DT Marcell Dareus
1.5 sacks to match single-season personal bests of 5.5 in 2011 and 2012
LB Kiko Alonso
Two interceptions to match a franchise record among rookie linebackers set by Mike Stratton in 1963 (6)
K Dan Carpenter
One point to reach 600 in his NFL career
QUOTES OF THE DAY
STEPHON GILMORE, Buffalo Bills Cornerback on Kiss 98.5
Q: It must be difficult to prepare not knowing if Thad Lewis is going to be alright, but I still think the Bills can win this game.
A: I think we can, we’ve just got to stay with our game plan. If Thad is up, we can go with him and if the next man is up it’s a physical game, people get hurt. If we just work together as a team we’ll be alright.
Buffalo News- Lewis still a question mark but Spiller should return
Rochester D&C- Buffalo Bills need consistency on offensive line
Canandaigua Daily Messenger- Q&A with Chiefs beat writer Randy Covitz
BuffaloBills.com- Call on Lewis pushed back; Spiller expected to go
BuffaloBills.com- Moats embracing defined defensive role
Inside The Bills
Bills on the radio, Chiefs RB Charles, WR Bowe limited, Chiefs RB Charles, WR Bowe limited, Chiefs vs. Bills Gameday Activities, Players, fans to support KED telethon, CB Smith sick, WR Hogan has back injury, What if Lewis can practice Friday?, Stevie and Fred back to work, Thad Lewis not practicing, Bills host Gift of Warmth drive Sunday, Stevie focused on making plays, not QB decision, Marrone: best midterm 1st year coach, TBT: McKelvin’s football beginnings
Buffalo News (Press Coverage Blog)
C.J. Spiller likely to play Sunday; QB starter still uncertain
Is Jamaal Charles the best running back in the NFL?
Despite scrawny numbers, Bills wary of Dwayne Bowe
Oddsmakers confident Bills won’t rally in second half of season
Pro Football Talk
Doug Marrone calls Lewis “50-50,” hopes PFT’s source is right
ESPN.com Bills Blog
Double Coverage: Chiefs at Bills
Fred Jackson, Stevie Johnson practice
Fred Jackson upgraded to full participation
Bills expect Spiller back; Lewis still 50-50
Bills’ midseason rookie report card
Week 9 NFL picks 2013: Bills vs. Chiefs predictions
C.J. Spiller injury: RB a good bet to play in Bills vs. Chiefs
Bills vs. Chiefs: which Kansas City player would help Buffalo most?
Buffalo Sports Daily
Lewis Not Practicing For Bills Thursday
AFC East Daily
Spiller on if extra rest helped sprain: ‘Who knows’
National Football Post
Doug Marrone: Thad Lewis is 50/50 for Sunday
Pro Football Focus
3TFO: Chiefs @ Bills, Week 9
The Sports Xchange
Game Scout: Chiefs at Bills
Chiefs Game Preview
Posted in Bills Daily Charge, Inside the Bills