Here’s a brief update on the renovation activities around Ralph Wilson Stadium:
- Building is sealed up with the installation of 5 garage doors earlier this week.
- Concrete slab is poured.
- Installation of interior duct work, plumbing, electrical and partition walls have started.
- Expected completion is January 2014.
- The final work on structural steel will be completed this week.
- Installation of exterior metal panels will continue over the Christmas week.
- Underground utility services (broadcast cabling, phone and data) continue to be installed within the building.
- Expected completion is June 2014.
- Utility relocations for water, gas, sanitary and storm sewers continue on the east (locker room side) and the west (weight room side).
- Foundations for the building expansions will start during the Christmas week.
- Bids will be received on December 19 for major work in the stadium including the concrete, masonry and demolition work associated with the restrooms, concessions and concourse upgrades, site work and landscaping. Remaining contracts for flooring plumbing, HVAC and electrical will be bid on December 30.
- On December 23, the construction fence will start to be installed around the entire stadium perimeter as we prepare for the bulk of the $130m renovation project. The first work item will involve foundation construction for the new video boards in the east (tunnel) end zone. This will involve open excavations under the Red Zone and Goal Line Clubs.
- In preparation for the construction of new concessions and restrooms on the ground floor of the administration building, Delaware North’s merchandise operations will temporarily relocate from the old administration building to an offsite location on January 6. Their offices in the administration building commissary will relocate temporarily to the second floor until both operations move permanently into the new commissary building in June 2014.
Posted in Inside the Bills