• The southeast corner of the lower concourse between sections 124 and 126 remains impassable to foot traffic as the foundations for the new video board above the Red Zone Club are under construction.
• New concrete block exterior walls and framed interior walls are going up quickly in the 100-level concession stands and rest rooms.
• Demolition of the press box is complete as we prepare to construct booths for coaches, broadcast TV, radio broadcast, clock operators, instant replay and two super-suites. Utility rough-in is progressing in this area.
• Demolition of the first floor of the Admin Building is complete including the removal of the block exterior walls. The top floor of the admin building is taking shape with wall framing and extensive utility work that is necessary for the relocation of the scoreboard control room. This area will house all of the equipment necessary to control the operation of the 4 video boards inside the stadium and the 6 video boards that will be in the pylon structures outside of each entry gate.
• Permanent shoring and protection of the 155’ stadium light towers will take place next week in preparation for the removal of the exterior concrete walls on the north and south side 50-yard lines. All of this is necessary for the construction of the new monumental stairs.
• A new 10” diameter stainless steel water main is being installed in the ceiling area of the 100-level concourse. This will replace the 40-year old water main that presently exists under the concourse floor.
• Work continues on the installation of metal wall and roof panels.
• The interior work is progressing very quickly. Interior block walls and partitions are going up at a remarkable pace.
• The mechanical, electrical and plumbing components for the food service equipment are 60% complete. Food service equipment has been delivered and is in storage for installation in April.
• Fire alarms and sprinkler systems are 50% complete.
• Expected completion is June 2014.
• Locker room demolition is complete.
• The foundation walls for the locker room expansion are 50% complete in the east end and 90% complete in the west end.
• Water service will be interrupted in the training center on 3/29 from 7am till 5pm as we switch service entry points from old to new.
• All of the structural steel work in the weight room and pool area is finished. This was necessary to support the cafeteria expansion above those areas.
• Foundations for the new entry gates, identification pylons and perimeter fence are 75% complete.
• National Fuel and Time Warner Cable each have completed their relocations of our incoming service lines. This was necessary to accommodate the construction of the new team Store.
• Earthwork excavations for the new ramp system in the west end will begin around 4/4.
• The main scoreboard in the west end is being prepared to accept its new video elements. The new video display will be 33’x163’.
• The old tri-vision board on the roof of the admin building has been demolished to the point where it is ready to accept the video elements from the main scoreboard in the west end. The new video display will be 14’x190’.
• Foundation work for the new video boards in the east end continues. The new video boards will be situated above the M&T Bank Club and the Time Warner Club. Each display board will be 33’x60’.
• Structural steel assembly is well under way and expected to complete middle of next week.
• Concrete floor slab will be poured around 4/8.
Posted in Inside the Bills, Off the Field